You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Access MAC using Microsoft RDS Gateway

I have been searching for a solution regarding Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway support for Mac machines.

I am unable to access MAC machine using Microsoft RDS Gateway.

I have tested following scenarios:

1 > I am trying to access Mac mini (OS X 10.15.4) via Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway from a windows 10 (Version 1909 Build 18363.720). Didn't work

2 > I am trying to access Mac mini (OS X 10.15.4) via Microsoft Remote Desktop Gateway from a Mac mini (OS X 10.15.4). Didn't work.

Microsoft RDS Gateway supporting all Microsoft OS perfectly fine.

Any Solution for the above scenarios.

Regards

Ahmad Fawad

Posted on Apr 27, 2020 11:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 30, 2020 1:11 PM in response to AhmadFoadi

As far as I am aware the Microsoft RDS Gateway is solely for accessing devices running Microsoft's proprietary RDP protocol. As standard Macs do not support this protocol, Apple use VNC as the basis of their equivalent to RDP.

Some non-Windows systems also use Microsoft's RDP for example various Virtualisation products. It might then be possible for a Microsoft RDS Gateway to access a virtualised copy of macOS running on a Mac but not the host Mac itself.

Saying all the above, the following are products for Mac (servers) that allow the Mac (server) to host multiple terminal sessions and some options for these also use Microsoft's RDP protocol. They may however not work on current Macs and operating systems. See the following.

https://www.aquaconnect.net/products

https://www.nuords.com/products/nuords/

Access MAC using Microsoft RDS Gateway

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.