You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick way of moving multiple clips in browser to timeline STACKED?

(I'm producing a virtual music video with dozens of individual videos that will be tiled.)

All of those individual videos are in my browser. Is there an easy one-click way to add them all to the timeline STACKED (i.e. one on top of the other)? Once that's done, I will resize and crop each as necessary.

If I select all and drag to the timeline, they all get added sequentially (i.e. west to east). I need them stacked (i.e. north to south).

Just wondering if there's a shortcut available for this. Dragging 100+ clips manually is a pain in the neck.

iMac 27", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:28 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2020 2:32 PM

Q for connect edit. Up arrow to the previous edit point. Cmd-1 to the browser. Select the next clip. Q. Up arrow. Cmd-1. Select. Repeat.

Similar questions

2 replies

Quick way of moving multiple clips in browser to timeline STACKED?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.