You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX - Add multiple clips at once, stacked

Hey!

I would like to put multiples clips at once on the timeline, but I want them the be stacked on top of each other, not next to each other. Is there an easy way to do this?

For example, I want to show 4 images on top of the storyline, same duration, same timeline in and out point. The only way I figured to do that is to drop them manually on top of each other each time. Or do a connect edit, reset the playhead, connect edit, reset the playhead, etc.

It would be such a time saver.

Thank you!

Mac Pro, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 18, 2022 1:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2022 1:54 AM

Actually, there may be a faster way. Not all at once, but fairly quick.

Select first one, press Q. Select second, press SHIFT-Q, Select third, SHIFT-Q, Select fourth, SHIFT-Q.

Why the Shift key? When you connect the first clip, the playhead jumps to the end. Shift-Q connects back from the playhead position instead of forward.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 19, 2022 1:54 AM in response to Okiyah

Actually, there may be a faster way. Not all at once, but fairly quick.

Select first one, press Q. Select second, press SHIFT-Q, Select third, SHIFT-Q, Select fourth, SHIFT-Q.

Why the Shift key? When you connect the first clip, the playhead jumps to the end. Shift-Q connects back from the playhead position instead of forward.

FCPX - Add multiple clips at once, stacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.