You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

The new iPad mini is available today. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My i pad is requesting a passcode and i don't know what it is and i already got it wrong like 3 times

Trying to figure out what's my passcode to my iPad

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2020 1:38 PM

If you have forgotten the passcode on your iPad, you will have to restore the iPad. See this, If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

This will wipe all data from the iPad, but you will be able to restore to your last backup. If you don't have a backup, then your data will be lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2020 1:38 PM in response to William_1212

If you have forgotten the passcode on your iPad, you will have to restore the iPad. See this, If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support

This will wipe all data from the iPad, but you will be able to restore to your last backup. If you don't have a backup, then your data will be lost.

May 11, 2020 1:49 PM in response to William_1212

Is this to unlock the display? If so, and you cannot remember it, you’ll have to erase the device with iTunes to reset the screen lock passcode,

If you’re using the device and being prompted for a passcode, then it may be that screen lock code (e.g. when updating iOS) or it may be your AppleID password (e.g. activating iMessage or using the App Store).

My i pad is requesting a passcode and i don't know what it is and i already got it wrong like 3 times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.