You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my. On IPhone X

Suddenly stopped working with only one family member. Checked settings and sharing etc... on both devices.. All appear to be correct but still can’t locate My family member can find me but I can’t find them.

can anybody help?

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on May 16, 2020 12:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 16, 2020 1:19 AM

By default, you can see the location of the devices for each family member. If someone has stopped sharing, they must turn sharing back on for you to locate a device. See Stop sharing your location with others in your Family Sharing group.

Locate Family members’ devices using the Find My app

When you join a family, you can help other family members locate their Mac, iOS and iPadOS devices, Apple Watch (watchOS 3 or later), and AirPods by using the Find My app. See Set up the Find My app to locate a missing Mac.

To locate your family’s devices:

• Mac computers must have Find My Mac selected in the iCloud pane of Apple ID preferences.
  • iOS and iPadOS devices must have the Find My app turned on (in Settings > iCloud).
  • Apple Watch must have watchOS 3 or later.
  • By default, you can see the location of the devices for each family member. If someone has stopped sharing, they must turn sharing back on for you to locate a device. See Stop sharing your location with others in your Family Sharing group.

Before you can help locate your family’s devices, you must join a family.

For information about locating family members’ devices using an iOS or iPadOS device, see “Locate a family member’s missing device” in the user guide for iPhoneiPad or iPod touch.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 16, 2020 1:19 AM in response to roddy128

By default, you can see the location of the devices for each family member. If someone has stopped sharing, they must turn sharing back on for you to locate a device. See Stop sharing your location with others in your Family Sharing group.

Locate Family members’ devices using the Find My app

When you join a family, you can help other family members locate their Mac, iOS and iPadOS devices, Apple Watch (watchOS 3 or later), and AirPods by using the Find My app. See Set up the Find My app to locate a missing Mac.

To locate your family’s devices:

• Mac computers must have Find My Mac selected in the iCloud pane of Apple ID preferences.
  • iOS and iPadOS devices must have the Find My app turned on (in Settings > iCloud).
  • Apple Watch must have watchOS 3 or later.
  • By default, you can see the location of the devices for each family member. If someone has stopped sharing, they must turn sharing back on for you to locate a device. See Stop sharing your location with others in your Family Sharing group.

Before you can help locate your family’s devices, you must join a family.

For information about locating family members’ devices using an iOS or iPadOS device, see “Locate a family member’s missing device” in the user guide for iPhoneiPad or iPod touch.

May 17, 2020 5:17 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks SravanKrA.

Already have all of these in place...using my Iphone.

Family member can find me but I can't Find them...they have also shared with me...location sharing is 'on' - on both of our devices...

Still not working.

I also share Find My with a friend...and it's working fine!

Wondering if something went wrong during last iOS 13.4.1 update

Find my. On IPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.