You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My .... 1/2 working

So, I have family members added to Find My.

For my son and wife, I see them under the People tab, AND I see their Apple devices on the Devices tab.

For my daughter, I only see her iPhone under Devices. I can see it’s location correctly. BUT while her name is indeed listed under People, it states No Location Found and never shows location no matter how long you wait.

Ideas?

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 2:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2020 5:07 PM

bxd20 Said:

"The Location Services options are already on and configured. If they weren’t I doubt the iPhone device itself would be discoverable."

-------

A Last Few Thoughts:

A. Uninstall Security & Privacy Software:

Any Security & Privacy Software installed on your iPhone? If so, uninstall it, in accordance with the developer, as it may be blocking out locating services, or redirecting it. Security & Privacy Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example as to how and why.

B. Check for Updates:

Two Major Steps: - Backup then Update

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer

2. Then, Update Using These Links:

C. Refer to these Links:

1. Set up: Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, AirPods, or Other Devices - Apple Support. Scroll to the bottom: If you have iOS 12 or earlier, or macOS Mojave or earlier
  2. Use: Share your Location - Apple Support
  3. Use: Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support
5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 15, 2020 5:07 PM in response to bxd20

bxd20 Said:

"The Location Services options are already on and configured. If they weren’t I doubt the iPhone device itself would be discoverable."

-------

A Last Few Thoughts:

A. Uninstall Security & Privacy Software:

Any Security & Privacy Software installed on your iPhone? If so, uninstall it, in accordance with the developer, as it may be blocking out locating services, or redirecting it. Security & Privacy Software just gets in the way on an Apple device, and this is a pure example as to how and why.

B. Check for Updates:

Two Major Steps: - Backup then Update

1. Backup First: Make a backup of your device using iCloud or your computer

2. Then, Update Using These Links:

C. Refer to these Links:

1. Set up: Set up Find My on your iPhone, Mac, AirPods, or Other Devices - Apple Support. Scroll to the bottom: If you have iOS 12 or earlier, or macOS Mojave or earlier
  2. Use: Share your Location - Apple Support
  3. Use: Locate a lost or stolen device - Apple Support

Jul 21, 2020 9:38 AM in response to TheLittles

I tried everything above and nothing helped. I could immediately see the device but not the person who owns the device no matter what I did.

In the end, setting things up fresh AND letting it sit overnight fixed it. Not very satisfying explanation but it’s not worth diving deeper to understand what refresh parameters Apple is using on the server side.

Jul 15, 2020 3:03 PM in response to bxd20

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for Connections) become manipulated, technically. L

So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Your connections may not be being read promptly. So having reset these, all of the networking settings would be configured to how they should be..

Jul 15, 2020 2:42 PM in response to bxd20

bxd20 Said:

Find My .... 1/2 working: [...]For my daughter, I only see her iPhone under Devices. I can see it’s location correctly. BUT while her name is indeed listed under People, it states No Location Found and never shows location no matter how long you wait. Ideas

———-

Check Location Settings:

On the iPhone itself, enable it, so it can be seen:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Privacy
  3. Tap: Location Services
  4. Tap: Share my Location
  5. Enable it so it is Green
  6. Tap: Share my Location
  7. Tap: From
  8. Select: This Device

Wait a few for it to all sync up.

Find My .... 1/2 working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.