You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help with 27" iMac as 2nd display

I have two 27" iMacs connected together with a mini-DP cable. I want to use one as a second display. I connected them together and pressed cmd-F2 on the 2nd display, but nothing happened. I tried cmd-F2 on the primary, also nothing happened. I have the following setup:

iMac 27" (Late 2013) High Sierra - I want this to be primary

iMac 27" (Late 2012) Catalina

iMac 27", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 17, 2020 8:37 AM

Try Command-fn-F2

By default the F2 key is a brightness key and not an Function key. The 'fn' key will change all the labeled function keys to F-keys.

On the small Mac keyboard, the 'fn' key is in the bottom left corner. On a full size keyboard, the 'fn' key is in the middel keypad above the arrow keys.

11 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 17, 2020 8:37 AM in response to Scott216

Try Command-fn-F2

By default the F2 key is a brightness key and not an Function key. The 'fn' key will change all the labeled function keys to F-keys.

On the small Mac keyboard, the 'fn' key is in the bottom left corner. On a full size keyboard, the 'fn' key is in the middel keypad above the arrow keys.

Help with 27" iMac as 2nd display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.