You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whatsapp media files are question marks after a recent phone swap

After my Iphone X suddenly went into a reboot cycle, I switched over to an older iphone 7s temporarily to get my whatsapp and communication going. All chats were backed up and icloud was updated on the X so i followed normal procedure to switch over to the 7s without realising that whatsapp images beyond a week were showing up as question marks. Once the iphone X was restored, a few days later, i switched back to the X and am unable to restore the whatsapp media files from the date of the initial swap. Msg says, this video is unavailable because it was not backed up. however, the 7s had been swapped using Icloud and the X was up to date in all regard. I am now unable to retrieve whatsapp images. Is whatsapp Pocket a legit app?

iPhone X

Posted on May 18, 2020 10:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 18, 2020 10:52 AM

You would need to contact WhatsApp Support with your question about backing up and restoring their data.

1 reply

Whatsapp media files are question marks after a recent phone swap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.