You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone whatsapp restore - can overwrite old restore?

Hello,

I've sent my iPhone 11 Pro to the repair carrier in meantime I'm using iPhone 5 until I get my phone back.

I registered to WhatsApp with my iPhone 5 and I can't restore media since there's no enough capacity.

There's an option to skip media.

My question is - If I click on the skip media button and I backup again WhatsApp it will overwrite all my old media? or the new media and conversation will be added to my old backup?

Thanks,

S

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 8:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 8:28 AM

Do the skip media thing and ensure you turn off any automatic Whatsapp backup.

When you get the phone back you can restore that same backup with media but lose any new messages, or backup on the ip5 and restore it without the old media to the new phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 7, 2021 8:28 AM in response to ReQuAz

Do the skip media thing and ensure you turn off any automatic Whatsapp backup.

When you get the phone back you can restore that same backup with media but lose any new messages, or backup on the ip5 and restore it without the old media to the new phone.

iPhone whatsapp restore - can overwrite old restore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.