You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you import multiple files from camera SD card and keep files as separate events??

How to import multiple files (videos and photos) into imovie 10.12 and keep them as separate events?? In Imovie 9, it prompted me how to import the files once connected the camera. I don't get the same prompt from imovie 10.12.

Mac Pro

Posted on May 28, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 8:16 AM

Hi there JGTorr,

It sounds as though you're looking to import photos and videos into iMovie and keep them as separate events. You're in the right place to seek a solution, I'd be happy to assist!

You may find the options provided in the following sections of the user guide helpful:

Import from file-based cameras - iMovie Help

Organize media and events - iMovie Help

If you need further guidance after checking out the guide above, I would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. Below is a resource to get connected with Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

For iMovie Support, you'll want to click on Music, Apps, and Services>Mac apps>iMovie

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2020 8:16 AM in response to JGTorr

Hi there JGTorr,

It sounds as though you're looking to import photos and videos into iMovie and keep them as separate events. You're in the right place to seek a solution, I'd be happy to assist!

You may find the options provided in the following sections of the user guide helpful:

Import from file-based cameras - iMovie Help

Organize media and events - iMovie Help

If you need further guidance after checking out the guide above, I would encourage you to reach out to Apple Support directly. Below is a resource to get connected with Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support

For iMovie Support, you'll want to click on Music, Apps, and Services>Mac apps>iMovie

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

How do you import multiple files from camera SD card and keep files as separate events??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.