You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Screen Flickering đź’»

I just got this MacBook and it seems to have this flickering problem. I was using Microsoft Excel a lot today and I had noticed that the screen was changing its color tone ( like to a weird blue / purple hue ). Now I'm watching Apple TV and have been noticing my Retina Screen has been flicking during my movie. I do not know if it's the hardware or the MacOS. It shouldn't be the hardware since its 3 days old and cost me $1,400.... I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the issue. I have the base model if that helps.

Thank you,

Michael

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:35 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:04 PM

Your model is completely new and under warranty. You have 90 days of free telephone support. You can replace, exchange, repair, or get a refund, no questions asked, within the first 14 days from the date of purchase.

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 8:04 PM in response to Philippon

Your model is completely new and under warranty. You have 90 days of free telephone support. You can replace, exchange, repair, or get a refund, no questions asked, within the first 14 days from the date of purchase.

Make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service after the stores re-open. If you need to find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Also, see How to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Distributor (AAD). You may also get Apple authorized service at a local Best Buy.

"Your Apple-branded or Beats-branded hardware product (“Product”) is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase (“Warranty Period”) when used in accordance with Apple`s user manuals (refer to www.apple.com/support/country). Under this warranty, you will be able to direct your claims to Apple even in situations where you purchased the Apple Product from a third party.” [Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty – Accessory - For Apple and Beats Branded Products Only.]

Jun 1, 2020 9:50 PM in response to Philippon

To solve this, disable "True Tone" and "Automatically adjust brightness" in Display control panel. Yes, I know that Apple brags about "Stunning Retina display with True Tone technology." but the sad truth is that it doesn't work.

As a disappointed MBP 16" (2019) owner since day-one when that machine became available I can offer one piece of advice:

if you are in any way uncertain about the machine and feel disappointed with the price/quality ratio, return it while you can.

I wish I had done just that with my $3500 piece of c**p while I had the opportunity. Crazy spinning fans due to GPU heating problems, incompatibility with external monitors, docking stations and now the 10.15.5 Catalina update the that makes my machine crash and force a reboot every single time it goes to sleep (yes, the supplemental update is also installed but still crashes after sleep that never happened in 10.15.4)!!

Just ridiculous.

MacBook Pro 13" 2020 Screen Flickering đź’»

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.