You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth hardware suddening missing

Hello. I have a MacBook Pro (2011) still going strong, but after the security update (May 26, 2020) I have lost my bluetooth hardware. No record of at all. Very confused. I have tried several things (restarting, holding down of keys etc). No result. I can't even debug because there is no hardware. Any ideas? Not keen on a new computer just yet. Thank you

Posted on May 30, 2020 10:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 12:47 AM

Please mention the macOS you are using? The Latest OS supported is macOS High Sierra.

Also mention all troubleshooting steps you have tried like.

1. Safe Mode (Holding down Shift key)
  2. NVRAM / PRAM reset (Holding Option, Command, P, and R)
  3. Reset SMC (Shift, Control, Option + Power)
  4. Re-installing macOS from macOS Recovery

Any other will be worth mentioning.

Note: After isolating an issue on your Mac to a probable hardware issue, you can use Apple Hardware Test to help determine which hardware component might be causing the issue.

Since your Mac was introduced before June 2013, it uses Apple Hardware Test instead. Have you tried it?

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2020 12:47 AM in response to ncmkooka69

Please mention the macOS you are using? The Latest OS supported is macOS High Sierra.

Also mention all troubleshooting steps you have tried like.

1. Safe Mode (Holding down Shift key)
  2. NVRAM / PRAM reset (Holding Option, Command, P, and R)
  3. Reset SMC (Shift, Control, Option + Power)
  4. Re-installing macOS from macOS Recovery

Any other will be worth mentioning.

Note: After isolating an issue on your Mac to a probable hardware issue, you can use Apple Hardware Test to help determine which hardware component might be causing the issue.

Since your Mac was introduced before June 2013, it uses Apple Hardware Test instead. Have you tried it?

Bluetooth hardware suddening missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.