You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Teams will not launch on MacBook Pro

Hello,

I cannot launch Microsoft Teams due to the following error? Any assistance is appreciated.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 6:14 PM

CM_123 Said:

"Microsoft Teams will not launch on MacBook Pro: Unfortunately, they told me to contact you because it probably pertained to macOS."

-------

We are not Apple - this is just a user-to-user forum.

First Off: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support. Then, troubleshoot this...

Seems it is a Read & Write Issue. There is a folder created in the root user, and you need to move it to your user, then modifying Read & Write:

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2020 6:14 PM in response to CM_123

CM_123 Said:

"Microsoft Teams will not launch on MacBook Pro: Unfortunately, they told me to contact you because it probably pertained to macOS."

-------

We are not Apple - this is just a user-to-user forum.

First Off: Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support. Then, troubleshoot this...

Seems it is a Read & Write Issue. There is a folder created in the root user, and you need to move it to your user, then modifying Read & Write:

Jun 5, 2020 5:23 PM in response to CM_123

CM_123 Said:

"Microsoft Teams will not launch on MacBook Pro: Hello, I cannot launch Microsoft Teams due to the following error? Any assistance is appreciated."

-------

Contact Microsoft Support:

They are the developer’s of the software. Ask them about fixing this issue. And, maybe, request a new installation. Perhaps your install became corrupt. Who knows? So, Start Here:  Microsoft Contact Us Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support.

Microsoft Teams will not launch on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.