You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

microsoft teams not launching

Hi - I'm on an Apple M1 Max w/ 64 GB ram running Ventura (13.3.1). I've installed Personal Microsoft Teams. When I click on the icon to open it, it doesn't open or I get an error message that it has unexpectedly quit. I've tried everything I've read online - Clear cache, clear keychain values, reinstall, reboot, etc etc. Contacted Microsoft and they tell me to contact Apple. Web version works fine but I want to use the application while I work, not the web version.

I have a solid IT background having built computers, etc since the late 80's. I've tried all the tricks but can't seem to figure this one out. Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas what I can do next? Thank you!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 21, 2023 11:11 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2023 3:54 PM in response to ND42

Hi ,

Try to Reinstall Microsoft Teams completely.

First wipe it out delete.

Reinstall from appstore.

Try to log in.

If it doesn't work try the steps below:

Try to open a different user in the mac and try to install Microsoft Teams again.

That at least should allow you to isolate the issue properly.

If still doesnt work means your mac has system wide issues and needs a clean reinstall of software.

Thank you.

microsoft teams not launching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.