You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Note by opening current Notes through Handoff

Hi,

this is a bug that I replicated many times to the extent to make the video you can see in my DropBox here.

This is what happen:

1. I create a Note on my iPad 10.2 (2019)
  2. While i'm still working on it I click on the Note application through Handoff on my MacBookAir 13 (2020)
  3. Notes opens the list of my notes on iCloud and *weirdly* load not just the new one I'm working on (on the top), but also another new *without any title" on the bottom that is strangely dated 1 january 0001, 0.49 and is the one in focus/selected
  4. As i click on my new one on Notes on the MacBook Air, it disappear together with the one with no title and strange date!
  5. A second later it disappear also from my iPad

Please see the video, to follow better.

It's LOST.

I lost a note on which I was working since 3 hours exactly this way. I'm furious.

My originally lost note (the one I worked on for 3 hours) and also the ones I created and lost for replicating the bug and doing the video are not in the Recently deleted folder.

Interestingly this behaviour do not happen if the note I'm working on the iPad before opening it on my Mac is a note that is typed from the beginning. This seems to happen just with notes that are taken directly with the Apple Pencil.

Notes both on the iPad and MacBook Air has Default Account: iCloud, and neither has "On My iPad/Mac" activated.

I'm asking:

1. How can I recover my note (all done by pencil) on which I worked for 3 hours? (obviously I already checked even in iCloud.com in the Restore Files section, it is not there)
  2. How can I trust that Note will not miss other of my notes in the same way?

Available to provide answer to any other question would be useful to get support.

Cristiano

MacBook Air 13″, 10.15

Posted on Jun 15, 2020 3:59 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 12:14 PM

@Theport95 I contacted support by phone and they found my lost note in the second level bin of my iCloud account that just them can access.

If you were synching with iCloud potentially also your one is there, try to call them.

Similar questions

6 replies

Jun 16, 2020 3:26 AM in response to QuickPost

Hi QuickPost,

I think you are a Bot, still I'll answer you that your answer is not helpful, since as I wrote the note was created 3 hours before on my iPad (which save on iCloud as default account) and I worked on it for the 3 hours since it was created, then I opened it through Handoff on my MacBook Air and it disappeared.

I immediately checked on iCloud.com, either in the Restore File section, and it was not there.

I'm furious.

Lost Note by opening current Notes through Handoff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.