You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Keyboard not working sometimes.

So I was gifted a Macbook Air a few months ago (around January 2020). It was working fine until around May when I put my screen down as usual when I go to have small breaks, but when I came back, I lifted my screen and logged in via Touch ID. Then here comes the issue. It isn't responding. The display is fine, the keyboard and trackpad arent't - I connected my bluetooth mouse and that didn't work either, though it did come up with the "connected" symbol. Then the pop-up came saying that there wasn't a wireless keyboard connected, which makes no sense as this only happens sometimes when I wake my computer up. Come June, I have to restart my entire laptop just to get the keyboard and mouse working, losing all of my files I worked on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 3:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 5:26 AM

Hi,

If your MacBook Air is MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019), Apple offers Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro.

https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

Similar questions

1 reply

Macbook Keyboard not working sometimes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.