You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop location sharing to a family member

Whenever I go to family sharing in Settings, I click on Location Sharing in the left sidebar, there is only a button with "Learn More..." that points to a page that tells me to do exactly this, go to Family Sharing and click on the sidebar on Location Sharing.

I need to be able to disable either Find My app on the child's device or remove the capability of Find My to locate any family member. This is because if my child's device is stolen, this introduces a risk that one can track all family members using our device.

Yes I know I can disable the device remote using the same functionality, and I know It can't track as it's also transmitting at the same time but I might not be notified when my child has lost the tablet. We are living in different countries.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 7:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2020 7:44 AM

Hello,

Please refer to the following Apple Support document.

Share your location with your family - Apple Support

1 reply

How to stop location sharing to a family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.