You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to bring in my Mac for servicing but local Apple Store not taking appointments

My left shift key isn't working right and I see that it's a known issue. My local Apple Store isn't taking appointments so I have several questions:

• How long will Apple cover this repair for free? I don't want to wait on this and find that I'm outside their window of warrantied repair
  • If I can't bring this to an Apple Store and have to mail it in to Apple, do they cover shipping, provide labels, etc. like Amazon often does?

Thank you for your help.

Alec

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 1:56 PM

You would need to ask Apple, we are all other users, do not work for Apple, and have no access to their policies.

If you start a hardware support ticket using the contact support link, they will give you the options and may provide a box. You can also use your own original box it came in.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2020 1:56 PM in response to Alec S.

You would need to ask Apple, we are all other users, do not work for Apple, and have no access to their policies.

If you start a hardware support ticket using the contact support link, they will give you the options and may provide a box. You can also use your own original box it came in.

Need to bring in my Mac for servicing but local Apple Store not taking appointments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.