You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail in keyboard warranty repair

As I live in a rural area and we are still impacted by the endemic, I'd like the opportunity to mail my MacBook Pro to have the keyboard warranty repair done, rather than drop off at an Apple retail store. I live over an hour away from the closest authorized shop & considering I am my elderly mother's caregiver, It's very difficult for me to arrange time away to drop off/pick up this item.

My question: has Apple resumed FedEx pick up and drop off for warranty-covered repairs such as the faulty butterfly keyboard?

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 6:52 AM

My question: has Apple resumed FedEx pick up and drop off for warranty-covered repairs such as the faulty butterfly keyboard?

We cannot answer that because we are not Apple. We are all end users like you.

I recently had to send an iPad in for battery service and l live two hours from the nearest Apple Store, and Apple Authorized Service Providers ( 45 mins away) do not service iPad batteries.

When you use the repair page you will be offered three options. One is to drop the device at a UPS Store. Apple has an arrangement with them. They wil package it and give you a tracking number. I dropped my iPad off at a UPS Store five minutes from my house on a Friday morning, Apple received it in CA on Monday and, by noon Wednesday, I had a replacement iPad. Six days including a weekend. I received email updates on the service process every day.

The Apple support page on the keyboard program is here:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Look under the section, Service Process. There is a mail-in option and that should include a UPS Store dropoff.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2021 6:52 AM in response to tangle-eye

We cannot answer that because we are not Apple. We are all end users like you.

I recently had to send an iPad in for battery service and l live two hours from the nearest Apple Store, and Apple Authorized Service Providers ( 45 mins away) do not service iPad batteries.

When you use the repair page you will be offered three options. One is to drop the device at a UPS Store. Apple has an arrangement with them. They wil package it and give you a tracking number. I dropped my iPad off at a UPS Store five minutes from my house on a Friday morning, Apple received it in CA on Monday and, by noon Wednesday, I had a replacement iPad. Six days including a weekend. I received email updates on the service process every day.

The Apple support page on the keyboard program is here:

Keyboard Service Program for MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro - Apple Support

Look under the section, Service Process. There is a mail-in option and that should include a UPS Store dropoff.

Mail in keyboard warranty repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.