You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible that we can unlock my iPhone from iCloud?

Hi, my iPhone is disabled. It looks like every answers indicates that there is no way other than erasing data and restore. However I have some important data that are not backed up. I really hope that I can unlock my phone without losing them.

Is it possible that we can unlock my iPhone from iCloud? I can login to my iCloud. My iPhone can even play a sound when I initiate "Play Sound" by "Find My iPhone" in iCloud. I think this is sufficient to prove that this iPhone belongs to me.

Furthermore, we can erase data and change to "Lost mode" for an iPhone via iCloud. Why can't we unlock it from iCloud?

I respect Apple's privacy policy. But I think it makes no sense that we cannot unlock our disabled phone. There must be a way to verify identification and recover it.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:25 PM

Here are three:

1. Apple will NOT unlock your phone. At least not remotely.
  2. The only method Apple provides users is to use Recovery mode. As you know this will completely erase the phone's data.
  3. You need to make regular backups of your phone for exactly this reason.
4 replies

Jun 26, 2020 10:07 PM in response to fengkai

fengkai wrote:

Hi, my iPhone is disabled. It looks like every answers indicates that there is no way other than erasing data and restore. However I have some important data that are not backed up. I really hope that I can unlock my phone without losing them.

The bottom line? No.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.