You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my MacBook Pro 13

I lost my computer like 2 years and found it and it says the password is disable and I want to you can help me

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 12:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:40 AM

maybe I can help you, joormous. If I understand your question OK, you lost your MacBook pro for 2 years, found it, then when you booted it, after making sure it was plugged in and charged up, it said the password was disabled, and you want us to help you get into it. OK.

Restart, holding down the Command/Apple+R key together. when you see a language selection screen, you can let go of the keys.

from there pick a language and continue. using the built in trackpad, move the cursor(*the arrow) to the top center of your screen and click, you should now see OS X Tools. From there pick Terminal and get that going. you will see black letters on a white screen. This is normal. type in "resetpassword" without the quotes, and press enter or return on your keyboard. This will get you into the main password reset app.

that's it

john b

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2020 7:40 AM in response to joormous

maybe I can help you, joormous. If I understand your question OK, you lost your MacBook pro for 2 years, found it, then when you booted it, after making sure it was plugged in and charged up, it said the password was disabled, and you want us to help you get into it. OK.

Restart, holding down the Command/Apple+R key together. when you see a language selection screen, you can let go of the keys.

from there pick a language and continue. using the built in trackpad, move the cursor(*the arrow) to the top center of your screen and click, you should now see OS X Tools. From there pick Terminal and get that going. you will see black letters on a white screen. This is normal. type in "resetpassword" without the quotes, and press enter or return on your keyboard. This will get you into the main password reset app.

that's it

john b

I lost my MacBook Pro 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.