You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Incoming mail goes straight to my Junk folder not my inbox. This is true for mail on my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. I'm using Mail 12.4 with Mojave 10.14.6. I cannon find any preferences or filters, etc to correct. This started 4 days ago. Help

All Incoming mail goes straight to my Junk folder not my inbox. This is true for mail on my MacBook Pro, iPhone and iPad. I'm using Mail 12.4 with Mojave 10.14.6. I cannon find any preferences or filters, etc to correct. This started 4 days ago. Help

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 4:13 PM

No banner, Messages just go into junk folder. Comcast says they think the problem is somehow in the filtering of the Apple Mail App

If there is no banner, it is either Comcast putting the messages in the Spam folder, or if some email server marked the messages with spam headers, Mail's junk filter defaults to trusting those headers. You can disable that in Mail's Preferences > Junk.

If Mail moves the messages, it marks them as Junk. Just to clarify, it is not a notification. The banner is at the top of the message when you view it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2020 4:13 PM in response to dickeyfromHR

No banner, Messages just go into junk folder. Comcast says they think the problem is somehow in the filtering of the Apple Mail App

If there is no banner, it is either Comcast putting the messages in the Spam folder, or if some email server marked the messages with spam headers, Mail's junk filter defaults to trusting those headers. You can disable that in Mail's Preferences > Junk.

If Mail moves the messages, it marks them as Junk. Just to clarify, it is not a notification. The banner is at the top of the message when you view it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.