You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search for songs in Apple Music on Mac?

Back in the day, you could search for songs in iTunes but composer etc. Great when searching your library etc. Now along comes Music to replace iTunes, and (apparently) goodbye to searching for songs.

Sure, I can click on "Songs" to see my songs view. But type in a search, and BANG I'm thrown out of the song list into an album/song view, which is pretty useless to me.

So, how DO I filter the Songs list like you used to be able to in iTunes? Or is that a feature Apple has chosen to delete? If so, thanks SO much Apple (sighs).

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 5:47 PM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2020 5:59 AM in response to Tim Hill1

Lots of complaints about Music. Afraid I can't help, but it's the crappiest version of their music player they've had for years. I'm actively looking for an alternative.

There are problems with search, manually managing playlists (this was the biggie for me) and then songs disappearing which have only been imported 1/2 minute ago, and they're always there when you go to locate them.

Sorry - no help from me, just having another rant.

Search for songs in Apple Music on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.