You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I created a custom keyboard and now want to delete it, how to?

How do I delete a custom keyboard that I created for an iPad Retina? It was a long time ago and don't want to use it now. The only keyboards I can find on my devices are the US English and Emoji and I'm obviously not wanting to delete them. Can anyone help?

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 1:14 PM

4 replies

Jul 10, 2020 1:29 PM in response to victoriafromsioux falls

victoriafromsioux falls wrote:

How do I delete a custom keyboard that I created for an iPad Retina?

How exactly did you do that? It's not normally possible unless you program an app (or download one from the app store), and then to remove it you would just delete the app.

Why do you think it is even still on you device if you cannot find it?

Jul 10, 2020 1:42 PM in response to victoriafromsioux falls

victoriafromsioux falls wrote:

Don't even have the iPad anymore but in all Apps it changes Pro to Proverbs. ... I just remembered I created it in keyboard shortcuts. That could make a difference.

Yes, not a custom keyboard, just a text replacement. Go to settings > general > keyboard > text replacement, tap the Edit button at the bottom, and delete whatever you don't want.

I created a custom keyboard and now want to delete it, how to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.