You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

đź’ˇ Did you know?

General and ongoing cleaning can help you maintain your AirPods or AirPods Pro.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods connect to phone but sound keeps coming out of iPhone

When I put my AirPods in my ear they make the noise that they are connected but when I go to play music the sound comes out of my phone. I’ve reset my AirPods twice and it’s the same thing. Anyone know how to fix the problem?

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 4:04 PM

1 reply

Jul 15, 2020 7:41 AM in response to Caleb_James

Hi there Caleb_James,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though when using AirPods with your iPhone you're seeing that the AirPods show as connected but are not playing music. You're in the right place, and we'd be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

If your AirPods won't connect

Let's verify the AirPods show as connected by tapping Settings>Bluetooth.

If the AirPods show as connected, open Control Center on your iPhone and then tap and hold the audio in the upper-right corner. Are you able to select your AirPods as an audio device?

This resource below can provide more information on selecting the AirPods as your audio device:

Set up and listen to Bluetooth devices on iPhone

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

AirPods connect to phone but sound keeps coming out of iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.