You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Permanent App Deletions

My son downloaded a highly inappropriate game for his age. How do I permanently delete it from the cloud so that it can not be re-downloaded again without permission from me or my husband?

I have deleted the app from his phone and deleted the app data from the cloud. I have also changed the screen time settings to prevent a similar situation from happening again. But this particular app is still in his Purchased section in the App Store and available for re-download without our permission. This is not acceptable.

Any helpful answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 4:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 6:06 AM

You can’t delete apps from your purchase history, but you can hide them.

From the App Store on your device, tap your profile icon in the top right corner, then go to  ➔ Purchased ➔ My Purchases (if using Family Sharing), locate the app, swipe it to the left and tap ‘Hide'

1 reply

iCloud Permanent App Deletions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.