You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscription Or Buy Only for Apple TV Movies? NO!

I once was able to rent movies from Apple TV. Now I have to subscribe or buy the movie? No will do. I am not now able to access a rental option, if there now is one.

I subscribe to Netflix and rent movies from Amazon Prime, etc. I usually use Roku or the iPad. I have deleted all channels that require a subscription.

Apple, you want my money and time? A one-time limited rental option is the only option for me.

4670X,

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 9:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 10:31 AM

The Apple TV app on third party devices has three distinct ways of bringing content:

• Most movies in the iTunes Store are available for rent. But it is up to the supplying studio whether it is [Buy or Rent] (most), or [Buy only] or [Rent only]. iTunes Store TV shows are [Buy only].
  • Content from Apple TV+ is only available through subscription.
  • Content from other Apple TV app Channels is by subscription as well.

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 12, 2020 10:31 AM in response to brutus inquisitor

The Apple TV app on third party devices has three distinct ways of bringing content:

• Most movies in the iTunes Store are available for rent. But it is up to the supplying studio whether it is [Buy or Rent] (most), or [Buy only] or [Rent only]. iTunes Store TV shows are [Buy only].
  • Content from Apple TV+ is only available through subscription.
  • Content from other Apple TV app Channels is by subscription as well.

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Subscription Or Buy Only for Apple TV Movies? NO!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.