You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 Fan Noise

Hello, I just purchased a new MacBook Air and noticed that whenever I am on a video call or tuning into a live conference through Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and other platforms, the laptop fan is running full blast and the device heats up quickly. Is this normal? Is there a way I could control for the noise? I get worried that the computer will overheat. Any help or insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 2:49 PM

1 reply

Jul 18, 2020 6:43 AM in response to frangie0929

Hey frangie0929,

We see that your Mac fan is running loud and heating up when you're using specific apps. We understand why this can be a concern and we'd like to help!

You can learn more about the fan noise, and find out what could be causing this issue by taking a look at this article here: About fans and fan noise in your Apple product

Your MacBook Air might get warm during normal use and you can learn more about this information from the resource here: Keep your Mac notebook within acceptable operating temperatures

We hope this helps!

Warm regards.

MacBook Air 2020 Fan Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.