You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV streaming issue

I subscribed to Apple TV with a free one-week trial. I found a few things to watch. But there really isn’t much advantage to paying the monthly subscription, since most items are for rent or sale. One glitch I noticed right away was that when I would pause a show or movie to go do something fir several minutes, it would revert back to the main menu and have no memory of where I left off, causing me to start all over and manually fast forward to where I was. It also doesn’t remember where you left off between different devices. The app doesn’t seem to be able to update like all the other subscription services do. I cancelled my subscription because Apple TV is pretty disappointing.

Another is I cannot access the Apple TV app on my LG tv in my bedroom to watch the movies I have purchased on Apple TV already.

UNU7090,

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 4:48 PM

This is a user helping other users with tech questions

forum, you are not addressing apple here 

just fellow users

its difficult to see a direct question in your post

if you wish to provide feedback to apple then you should use

Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

2 replies

Jul 18, 2020 5:14 PM in response to pianodjr

But there really isn’t much advantage to paying the monthly subscription, since most items are for rent or sale.

That is a misunderstanding about what Apple TV+ actually is. The items for Buy or Rent are from the iTunes Store, and not part of the subscription.

One glitch I noticed right away was that when I would pause a show or movie to go do something fir several minutes, it would revert back to the main menu and have no memory of where I left off, causing me to start all over and manually fast forward to where I was. It also doesn’t remember where you left off between different devices. The app doesn’t seem to be able to update like all the other subscription services do.

That is supposed to be controlled through iCloud, but Apple needs to be allowed to log what you have watched to do so. See privacy settings.

Another is I cannot access the Apple TV app on my LG tv in my bedroom to watch the movies I have purchased on Apple TV already.

Not all models LG TV support the Apple TV app. You have to be specific. Apple TV app-supported smart TVs - Apple Support

Apple TV streaming issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.