You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to move photos back to my daughters phone

I need to move photos back to my daughters phone. She finally has her her own apple ID. Now she lost all her photos and they are on my phone. I want them off my phone and back on her phone.

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:18 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Jul 28, 2020 9:24 AM in response to vperri6

Hello vperri6,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you and your daughter shared Apple IDs. Therefore your Apple ID must be signed into your daughter's iPhone and the Download and Keep Originals for Photos options should be checked in iCloud Settings.

Setup and use iCloud Photos

Once the Photos are downloaded to the device, you may turn them off in order to keep them on the iPhone. It should say "Keep on my iPhone" when you attempt to turn off iCloud Photos.

Once iCloud Photos are turned off, you'll sign out of your Apple ID and sign back into your daughter's new Apple ID. Following the same article: Setup and use iCloud Photos the photos will be uploaded to your daughter's iCloud account.

Note: You will need to delete your personal photos from your daughter's iPhone. There is no easy way to do this other than manually.

Jul 28, 2020 9:39 AM in response to rreinhardt93

This sounded pretty easy and easier than the support person just advised me off the only thing you absolutely lost me with was the final statement I will need to delete my pictures manually from her iPhone that certainly seems like them I would be losing my pictures permanently since it would be under my Apple ID please advise thank you

Jul 28, 2020 9:53 AM in response to vperri6

Once you are signed into two separate Apple IDs, you'll only delete the photos from your daughter's iPhone which will not delete the photos from your iPhone.

The photos from your iPhone will only delete if you're signed into the same Apple ID. Therefore, once you delete the photos, they will not be removed from your iPhone as she's logged into her Apple ID only.

I need to move photos back to my daughters phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.