You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS support above 60Hz?

I recently bought a 95Hz external monitor and a DisplayPort to USB-C cable to connect my Macbook Pro to the monitor

I have the option to choose the following refresh rate:

1) 59.88Hz

2) 75Hz

3) 95Hz

I suppose 59.88Hz is 60Hz (Not sure why it does not display 60Hz?) but that is not the main point

When I do horizontal and vertical scrolling with 75Hz or 95Hz refresh rate, i experience some jittering which makes my display not smooth.

Only at 59.88Hz, I experience smooth horizontal and vertical scrolling.

But I've read so many people have successfully output up till 144Hz for their MacBook Pro smoothly. How should I go about it?

• Here are the specs on my MacBook:
    • 2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
    • 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
    • Intel Iris Plus Graphics 550 1536 MB

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 2:50 AM

Please mention the year/model of MacBook Pro, not sure if the below link is the same what you have.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications

Video Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
  • Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

Also support from intel about "Intel Iris Graphics 550".

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/88359/graphics/graphics-for-6th-generation-intel-processors/intel-iris-graphics-550.html

Hope it helps.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2020 2:50 AM in response to kled89

Please mention the year/model of MacBook Pro, not sure if the below link is the same what you have.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports) - Technical Specifications

Video Support

Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

• One display with 5120-by-2880 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors
  • Up to two displays with 4096-by-2304 resolution at 60Hz at over a billion colors

Also support from intel about "Intel Iris Graphics 550".

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/88359/graphics/graphics-for-6th-generation-intel-processors/intel-iris-graphics-550.html

Hope it helps.

Mac OS support above 60Hz?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.