You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot loop when battery cable is plugged in?

One day my Macbook just randomly shut off and since that occurrence it goes in infinite boot loop/ or freezes up on a black screen if the battery is PLUGGED IN. I opened up the bottom and disconnected the battery cable and it boots fine with the cable disconnected.. does anyone know what could be causing this or experienced this before ???

I've attempted all the different keyboard shortcuts associated with reseting PRAM, SMC etc..

is there any way I could easily test if my battery is the problem?

btw its model is [[MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 ]]

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 6:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:42 AM

cliff141 wrote:

One day my Macbook just randomly shut off and since that occurrence it goes in infinite boot loop/ or freezes up on a black screen if the battery is PLUGGED IN. I opened up the bottom and disconnected the battery cable and it boots fine with the cable disconnected.. does anyone know what could be causing this or experienced this before ???

I've attempted all the different keyboard shortcuts associated with reseting PRAM, SMC etc..

btw its model is [[MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4 ]]

What is the Condition of your battery?

From the BATT icon in the upper right menu bar, hold the Option key and click open—

Anything but Condition : Normal needs to be serviced. Full stop.

About Mac notebook batteries

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 29, 2020 7:42 AM in response to cliff141

cliff141 wrote:

What is the Condition of your battery?

From the BATT icon in the upper right menu bar, hold the Option key and click open—

Anything but Condition : Normal needs to be serviced. Full stop.

About Mac notebook batteries

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054

Boot loop when battery cable is plugged in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.