You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All files disappeared after updating to MacOs Catalina

I have updated my Mac to Catalina,

Now I cannot see my files that were stored in disk. 

Memory size (stored information on disk) of the disk didn't change and I still can see from the information given on the memory size that my files are still there but I cannot find them. 

Could anyone can help me how to solve this problem??? 

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 3:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 5:02 AM

The Desktop is part of the disk.

I just wondered if you had them in a part of the disk which is now out of bounds in Catalina. Those would have beenrelocated to Relocated Files folder on Desktop but not necessarily on the desktop of the user account you are signed in with.

Do you have another user account on that mac when you sign in?

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 2, 2020 5:02 AM in response to Akhrorbek

The Desktop is part of the disk.

I just wondered if you had them in a part of the disk which is now out of bounds in Catalina. Those would have beenrelocated to Relocated Files folder on Desktop but not necessarily on the desktop of the user account you are signed in with.

Do you have another user account on that mac when you sign in?

All files disappeared after updating to MacOs Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.