You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New ios update Deleted Photos and videos

Is there any way of getting it back, or should i just accept Apple deleting important memories

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 5:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 2:15 AM

An update does not delete photos and videos from your camera roll. It is hard to say, why your photos have vanished.

Can you tell us more? Which system version did you have installed previously? To which system version did you update? Are you using iCloud Photos? Does anyone use the same AppleID as you are using and could have deleted the photos on their devices?

How have the photos been stored on your iPhone?

• Have the photos been synced to your iPhone from a computer? Synced photos will be deleted automatically, when you enable iCloud photos. Has iCloud Photos become enabled? Check the Settings > Your Name > iCloud
  • Photos in My Photo Stream may become deleted after a month, because my Photo Stream is only holding up to thousand photo and the photos will be purged after a month.
  • If you are using iCloud Photos, the photos you delete on any device will be deleted from all devices.

If you have been using iCloud Photos, make sure, that you are signed into iCloud with the same AppleID as before and enable the same settings for iCloud as before and wait for the photos to return. See: Get help with missing photos – Apple Support

Do you have a backup of your photos? See: How to back up an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch be able to Recover Accidentally, Permanently Deleted Photos - Apple Community

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 6, 2020 2:15 AM in response to SadMode

An update does not delete photos and videos from your camera roll. It is hard to say, why your photos have vanished.

Can you tell us more? Which system version did you have installed previously? To which system version did you update? Are you using iCloud Photos? Does anyone use the same AppleID as you are using and could have deleted the photos on their devices?

How have the photos been stored on your iPhone?

• Have the photos been synced to your iPhone from a computer? Synced photos will be deleted automatically, when you enable iCloud photos. Has iCloud Photos become enabled? Check the Settings > Your Name > iCloud
  • Photos in My Photo Stream may become deleted after a month, because my Photo Stream is only holding up to thousand photo and the photos will be purged after a month.
  • If you are using iCloud Photos, the photos you delete on any device will be deleted from all devices.

If you have been using iCloud Photos, make sure, that you are signed into iCloud with the same AppleID as before and enable the same settings for iCloud as before and wait for the photos to return. See: Get help with missing photos – Apple Support

Do you have a backup of your photos? See: How to back up an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch be able to Recover Accidentally, Permanently Deleted Photos - Apple Community

New ios update Deleted Photos and videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.