You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I completely remove email from my mac?

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 10:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 1:47 PM

Open the Mail app, go to it's Accounts preference pane and remove all email accounts listed using the "-" button in the lower left hand corner.

Then you can access your email via your browser at a time of your choosing depending on who your email provider is.

6 replies

Aug 6, 2020 1:39 PM in response to speedracer1970

For what it's worth, I use and recommend theThunderbird FREE email app. It has some features that some of the others (which charge) do not have. Another one I like is Airmail. Both are easy to set up and you will be able to import your contacts list. If you decide on Airmail, it uses the Apple Contacts app. I can tell you how to "connect" the two if you let me know. Good luck with the change.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.