You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

News App disappeared with iOS 13.6 Update

I upgraded to 13.6 yesterday on our iPhones and iPad. On my iPhone I just noticed the News app disappeared. I did not delete it. I can find it in the AppStore and it shows installed with the "Open" button next to it in the AppStore. It's not on my iPhone, even using Search the App doesn't show up, only a reference to the News setting in Settings but when I look for it in Settings at root, there is no entry for News there either. In the AppStore when touch the Open button for the News App, I get an error "Restrictions Enabled Certain apps, features, or services can't be seen or used when restrictions are on. To use this app, turn Restrictions off." I’ve searched through Screen Time and I don't have any restrictions enabled. In fact the only reference to News in Screen Time is in the "Always Allowed" section. I've tried adding News to the Always Allowed list of apps and still nothing.

In prior posts about this the feedback that gets the "Apple Recommended" seal of approval is to change the region to USA. The only reference to Regions in Settings is with regard to Languages & Region in General. I already have it set to USA.

It seems to be related to the upgrade to 13.6. The app was present in 13.5.1 and I read articles in it daily.

Is there another Region setting I need to check or something else that can be checked to restore the app?

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 1:37 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 9, 2020 5:46 PM in response to UhuraDog

Hello there,

We understand that the News app is missing on your device, and we'd like to help out. To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few questions.

1. Are any other apps missing from your device, or is the News app the only one that's missing?
  2. Have you seen any alerts on your device about low available space? This page explains how to check your device storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. It sounds like Screen Time enabled on your device, but no specific restrictions are configured, is that right? More about Screen Time and restrictions here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also, we know you mentioned reviewing the Languages & Region settings, but let's make sure the Apple ID country/region is set correctly as well. We want to make sure that's correct since the Apple News app is only available in certain regions.

This link goes over how to view and change your Apple ID country or region: Change your Apple ID country or region

This page has more information about the availability of the Apple News app: Read the latest headlines in the Apple News app

Thanks!

News App disappeared with iOS 13.6 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.