You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new MacBook Pro is stuck typing all caps.

How do I fix ? I can’t sign in with password because cap lock is stuck on. But the green caps lock light is not lit! I have tried restarting and restarting in recovery mode but since it won’t accept password(since it’s typing ALL CAPS) so I can’t do anything!! Apple please help!!!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 6:51 PM

9 replies

Aug 10, 2020 6:53 PM in response to murphyny2

We are not Apple here - just other end users. But, I believe you have two choices: either return the device as a "DOA" - you have 14 days to do so, or contact Apple support (use the contact support link in the upper right corner on this page) and start a support ticket, most likely for a hardware issue. They'll have you bring or send it in for a repair. Personally, I'd rather return it and order another, but that is my preference.

Brand new MacBook Pro is stuck typing all caps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.