You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone does not rejoin wi-fi

For well over a year now we have had a persistent problem. My wife’s phone does not rejoin wifi automatically when it drops it. As a consequence she over-uses the data on her cellphone contract.

What makes it more bizarre is as follows:

1. We are on our second wireless router and the problem was carried over.
  2. No other Apple device suffers.
  3. She has had three iPhones in the period, all with the same problem but all restored from the same back up. One iPhone SE and two separate iPhone XS.
  4. Resetting network settings does not solve.

This has been frustrating to say the least. She is not tech savvy so it is difficult for me to gain more data to understand how it happens. But I have seen it many times with my own eyes. The phone sails on using a 4g network when a good WiFi network for which it knows the password sits unused.

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 11, 2020 10:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 2:45 AM

Check if you have disable Auto Join accidentally. --> Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Similar questions

1 reply

Phone does not rejoin wi-fi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.