You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load

My purchased $25 gift card will not load after entering code

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 3:26 PM

lavern97 Said:

"Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load My purchased $25 gift card will not load after entering code"

-------

Where did you get this card?

Three Scenarios to Troubleshoot:

• If Purchased at a Retailer:

Take this back to the seller, an request a swapout. This time, add it to your account right-then-and-there at the cash register after the transaction goes through.

• If Purchased Online:

If you purchased this online and at a Web site, contact them, seeing what your options are when it comes to gift card scams.

• If Purchased In-Person:

If this was a face-to-face purchase, there may be nothing that can be done about this, but a refund from the seller.

Important Links:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 3:26 PM in response to lavern97

lavern97 Said:

"Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load My purchased $25 gift card will not load after entering code"

-------

Where did you get this card?

Three Scenarios to Troubleshoot:

• If Purchased at a Retailer:

Take this back to the seller, an request a swapout. This time, add it to your account right-then-and-there at the cash register after the transaction goes through.

• If Purchased Online:

If you purchased this online and at a Web site, contact them, seeing what your options are when it comes to gift card scams.

• If Purchased In-Person:

If this was a face-to-face purchase, there may be nothing that can be done about this, but a refund from the seller.

Important Links:

Aug 18, 2020 3:29 PM in response to lavern97

lavern97 Said:

-------

Some Thoughts:

A. Where did you get these?

If purchased online, contact the site, seeing if the seller can be held accountable and if you can get his money back. If it is a personal purchase, then there may be nothing you can do about this other than taking it up with the seller.

B. Add these at the Cash Register:

But, add them to you account right-the-and-there at the cash register - that way you can be assured that it goes through.

C. Go Here:

D. Learn from this:

If it is too good of a deal - then it is likely a scam - beyond any doubt. So, take this as a learning experience - allow the owner to let you add this to your account prior to the purchase. If the seller disabides by those rules - don't follow through with it.

Unsuccessful gift card code. Will not load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.