You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to merge iTunes library

How (if possible) do I merge 2 iTunes libraries? I have 2 different accounts and I want to merge all of my music from the old, deactivated Apple ID that I don’t use anymore to my current account. Most of the music is downloaded from various sites (not purchased from the iTunes Store) and stored on my old laptop. I can no longer access the media files on that computer (hard drive issue). Is this even possible to do?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 8:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 8:46 PM

MzYogi7 Said:

"How to merge iTunes library"

-------

Merging:

"How (if possible) do I merge 2 iTunes libraries? have 2 different accounts and I want to merge all of my music from the old, deactivated Apple ID that I don’t use anymore to my current account."

No. Merging Apple Accounts is not possible as of the date of this post. So, merging their own libraries into one is not an option. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

Recovering Music:

"Most of the music is downloaded from various sites (not purchased from the iTunes Store) and stored on my old laptop. I can no longer access the media files on that computer (hard drive issue). Is this even possible to do?"

Contact a data recovery service located somewhere nearby. Or take it to a retailer. Getting the downloaded music would be possible through removing the hard drive and using the proper adapter(s):

Connection Type:

• IDE-to-USB
  • SATA-to-USB

Amazon Search Queue: ide sata usb

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2020 8:46 PM in response to MzYogi7

MzYogi7 Said:

"How to merge iTunes library"

-------

Merging:

"How (if possible) do I merge 2 iTunes libraries? have 2 different accounts and I want to merge all of my music from the old, deactivated Apple ID that I don’t use anymore to my current account."

No. Merging Apple Accounts is not possible as of the date of this post. So, merging their own libraries into one is not an option. It all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Music Studio.

Recovering Music:

"Most of the music is downloaded from various sites (not purchased from the iTunes Store) and stored on my old laptop. I can no longer access the media files on that computer (hard drive issue). Is this even possible to do?"

Contact a data recovery service located somewhere nearby. Or take it to a retailer. Getting the downloaded music would be possible through removing the hard drive and using the proper adapter(s):

Connection Type:

• IDE-to-USB
  • SATA-to-USB

Amazon Search Queue: ide sata usb

Aug 19, 2020 9:43 AM in response to gol75

gol75 Said:

You don't need to remove the hard drive as suggested.

———-

Import Music from a Down Hard Drive:

If an internal hard drive is down, take it out for ease of access. Import whatever can be found - particularly for home Music (MP3 Files).

As said: “Most of the music is downloaded from various sites (not purchased from the iTunes Store) and stored on my old laptop. I can no longer access the media files on that computer (hard drive issue

How to merge iTunes library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.