You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail showing question marks instead of images

I just updated my OS to Catalina and have some quirky issues. I found another thread with this exact problem and they did a Safe Boot which solved the issue. of the question marks. I did the same thing with booting in safe mode and I could see the text in the emails fine. But after rebooting back to normal the emails went back to having the question marks. I also did a "Rebuild" for my mailboxes with no success. Any other fixes for this?

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 19, 2020 11:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 23, 2020 6:22 AM

Just came across another post that had the answer!!!! Yippee! I had another version of "Arial" font activated in Suitcase Fusion which was conflicting with the system version. I deactivated and removed my version from Suitcase Fusion and WA-LA! I can now view all my emails as they should be!!! Thank you Ranessa!!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 23, 2020 6:22 AM in response to KHCAP

Just came across another post that had the answer!!!! Yippee! I had another version of "Arial" font activated in Suitcase Fusion which was conflicting with the system version. I deactivated and removed my version from Suitcase Fusion and WA-LA! I can now view all my emails as they should be!!! Thank you Ranessa!!

Apple Mail showing question marks instead of images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.