You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I find iPhoto Library Upgrader 8.1

I'm finally trying to import an old iPhoto library. I'm running the latest OS 10.15.6 and the library dates back to 2002. I downloaded iPhoto Library Upgrader 1.1 and when I open it the error message says:

You can't use this version of the application "iPhoto Library Upgrader.app" with this version of macOS.

You have "iPhoto Library Upgrader.app" 8.1

What do I need? There doesn't seem to be any other versions of the Upgrader app. Thanks in advance!

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2020 9:58 AM

That is the only upgrader that Apple ever offered. The reason you can't use it is that it's a 32 bit app and won't run on Catalina. If you have access to a Mac running Mojave (10.14) or earlier you can use it to run the upgrader on your older iPhoto library. Then it will migrate to the new Photos format.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 21, 2020 9:58 AM in response to Pipelineready

That is the only upgrader that Apple ever offered. The reason you can't use it is that it's a 32 bit app and won't run on Catalina. If you have access to a Mac running Mojave (10.14) or earlier you can use it to run the upgrader on your older iPhoto library. Then it will migrate to the new Photos format.

how do I find iPhoto Library Upgrader 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.