You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My cord iPhone headphones beep when plugged in but don’t play music or anything

My cord iPhone headphones beep when plugged in but don’t play music or anything?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 11:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2020 2:19 PM

Im1ghtwanthelp Said:

"Headphones: My cord iPhone headphones beep when plugged in but don’t play music or anything?"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. or for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2020 2:19 PM in response to Im1ghtwanthelp

Im1ghtwanthelp Said:

"Headphones: My cord iPhone headphones beep when plugged in but don’t play music or anything?"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. or for Ports) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

Aug 25, 2020 4:32 PM in response to Im1ghtwanthelp

Indeed do try yours on a friends iPhone or iPad, if they work correctly then get a flashlight and toothpick and carefully clean the cruft from the Lightning port and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't click on the Contact Support link at the top right of this page to start the service process.

Completely ignore the post from the Littles, he apparently thought you were using a Mac and his directions don't apply to an iPhone.

My cord iPhone headphones beep when plugged in but don’t play music or anything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.