You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 iMovie cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased in a different Apple ID" in a newly bought Mac Book Air 2020"

Hellooo! I just bought a new MacBook Air base model. It's one day old and I just updated its software. When I try to update apps on App Store, like apps that are already in the Mac like iMovie, Numbers, etc. its says "iMovie [or any built-ion app that needs updating] cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased in a different Apple ID". I already have an iCloud signed in. What to do so I can update the apps? thanks!

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2020 12:25 PM

If the app(s) were purchased with a different Apple ID then what you have logged in with on your new notebook, you basically have two choices:

1. Log out of the current ID, and then, log back into the Apple App Store with the ID that you used to make the app purchases.
  2. Re-purchase the apps with your new ID.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 27, 2020 12:25 PM in response to kt___

If the app(s) were purchased with a different Apple ID then what you have logged in with on your new notebook, you basically have two choices:

1. Log out of the current ID, and then, log back into the Apple App Store with the ID that you used to make the app purchases.
  2. Re-purchase the apps with your new ID.

MacBook Air 2020 iMovie cannot be updated because it was refunded or purchased in a different Apple ID" in a newly bought Mac Book Air 2020"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.