You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating ios

My iPad Pro 10.5 currently runs iOS 11.1 however I want to update to ipados 13.6.1. Will such a substantial update damage my iPad?

iPad Pro, iOS 11

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 6:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 7:51 AM

The software update will not cause damage to your iPad - but will open the door of new and enhanced functionality of iPadOS 13.x

Being so far behind, you will likely find that OTA update from iPad Setting won’t be possible. In this event, you’ll need to update from a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Update software on iOS and iPadOS devices in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2020 7:51 AM in response to paulina-sz

The software update will not cause damage to your iPad - but will open the door of new and enhanced functionality of iPadOS 13.x

Being so far behind, you will likely find that OTA update from iPad Setting won’t be possible. In this event, you’ll need to update from a PC (with iTunes installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Update software on iOS and iPadOS devices in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

Updating ios

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.