You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playback NOT working on iPhone 11 pro

Hello,

I got an iPhone 11 Pro less than 4 months ago and in the last couple of days, I’ve been experiencing video playback problems with every App I use, I’m talking about YouTube, Instagram Video stories/posts/reels, Netflix, Prime Video

Not even the videos on my own camera roll will play nor the music I have on the Music App nor Spotify!

It only shows a frame of the video and stays like that until I restart the device. And it keeps doing the same over and over again, all day long.

And please do not tell me it has to do with a poor Wifi connection cause it works perfectly, besides I have the same problem even when I use my mobile data, so I know for a fact that is not the issue.

Is this happening to somebody else too? If so, do you have any tips to permanently solve it?

Gotta say I’m disappointed to be experiencing this, one would expect actual quality after paying so much.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 1, 2020 6:50 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2020 3:03 PM in response to ashlienicolef

Hi ashlienicolef,

We understand you are experiencing an issue with video playback on your device.

Can we ask, has the device been updated recently?

We would recommend ensuring you have a backup of your data (How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch), then Restore your iPhone. You can learn how to do so here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.

Once complete, Setup As a New Device (do not restore your backup).

If the issue is resolved, go ahead and restore your backup. You can learn how to do so here: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup.

If the issue recurs once your backup is restored, there may be an issue with your user data, in which case we would recommend you sync your content to a service such as iCloud, then erase your device and Setup As a New Device - all synced data will return, though you will need to re-download your apps and adjust your user settings to your preference.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Video playback NOT working on iPhone 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.