You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime Audio not Working

Hello, I have iPhone 11 (Dual sim), my FaceTime audio option is greyed out and only video FaceTime calls are possible. I have done all the remedies, tried activation of FaceTime with different Apple ID, reset all settings, reset network settings, even factory reset, also done latest ios update. But No luck yet

Can anyone help please?

iPhone 11

Posted on Sep 2, 2020 1:26 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 20, 2020 4:52 AM

Please the audio in my FaceTime is not working, only video available

6 replies

Sep 2, 2020 4:33 AM in response to NV2392

See If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Check that cellular data is enabled for FaceTime

If you're trying to use FaceTime over cellular, make sure that Use Cellular Data is on for FaceTime.

Go to Settings > Cellular. Find the FaceTime app and turn on Cellular Data.

Reset your Network Settings

Tap Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Check your contact information

Go to Settings > FaceTime > see what is checked off under the You Can Be Reached By FaceTime At. Restart the device.

Reset all settings

If the issue persists, reset all settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings

Contact Apple Support

If it is still not working, contact Apple support here Contact - Official Apple Support

Sep 8, 2020 2:54 AM in response to Mahmood irfan

Thank you everybody, i have got an answer to my own question after doing an intense research.

so basically the dual sim iphones which have a serial number/imei number with CHA or AA something and is manufactured in China, wont be having facetime audio option.

For more details see below website:

https://www.techinasia.com/apple-facetime-audio-disabled-china-iphone-ipad-models

Facetime Audio not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.