You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air and App store

How can i update Macbook Air to MacOS and how to connect a new appstore user on this Macbook because when i´m trying to connect the appstore user it says "

An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Enter the password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices." and i have tried everything!

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2020 6:30 PM

ValentinaPham wrote:

... i´m trying to connect the appstore user it says "An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Enter the password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

In earlier macOS versions (Lion, perhaps), that instruction is meant to be followed literally.

When you enter your password, append the six digit verification code you received to it.

In other words if your Apple ID password happens to be My2FluffyKittens, and the six digit code sent to your iPhone, iPad or Mac is 123456, then type My2FluffyKittens123456 in the password field.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 3, 2020 6:30 PM in response to ValentinaPham

ValentinaPham wrote:

... i´m trying to connect the appstore user it says "An Apple ID verification code is required to sign in. Enter the password followed by the verification code shown on your other devices."

In earlier macOS versions (Lion, perhaps), that instruction is meant to be followed literally.

When you enter your password, append the six digit verification code you received to it.

In other words if your Apple ID password happens to be My2FluffyKittens, and the six digit code sent to your iPhone, iPad or Mac is 123456, then type My2FluffyKittens123456 in the password field.

Macbook Air and App store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.