You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Export as PDF in Safari is not working

When I'm using Safari and I find an article that I want to convert to a PDF, I choose File --> Export as PDF --> Save.

The problem is that sometimes (not always), instead of saving the article on multiple pages, it saves the entire article as one page that is very, very long.

See the one thumbnail and see the page size at the bottom of the frame says 17.57 x 76.32 in. I've tried to figure out 1) why it happens, 2) why it only happens in Safari and not other browsers, and 3) how to fix it when it does happen. So far, I've not been able to find any answers.

Here's a link to the article I used as an example if you want to recreate the problem: https://www.ganoksin.com/article/precious-metal-clay-101/

I tried the Adobe forum and no one could explain why it happens. Since it only happens in Safari, I was hoping someone here might know the answer.

Thanks!

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 4:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 5, 2020 6:17 PM

You are not taking advantage of Safari's Reader View, which is the lined icon at the left of the following Safari address bar for this site:

Once you click Reader View, all of advertisement disappears, and the page is reformatted so that an Export to PDF paginates the content for you.

1 reply

Export as PDF in Safari is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.