You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in the imports folder are not moving to the library

I'm trying to put photos I have on my computer into Photos.

They import into the 'Imports' folder but don't appear in the library.

I just can't seem to add them to the library.

Also: I managed to get these same photos onto my iphone into the camera role but I still can't move them into Photos. I can't seem to do anything I need to do.

The photos aren't large - all are under 1mb. They are jpgs.

Thanks for any clues as to what is going on here.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 6:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2020 9:46 AM

Did you figure out what the problem was or just added a reply by accident?

if a photo is in the Imports view it must also be in the All Photos and Recents views.

Control (right) - click on a photo in the Import view and select "Show if All Photos" in the contextual menu. That will take you to the photo in the All Photos view.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 6, 2020 9:46 AM in response to DianeEliz

Did you figure out what the problem was or just added a reply by accident?

if a photo is in the Imports view it must also be in the All Photos and Recents views.

Control (right) - click on a photo in the Import view and select "Show if All Photos" in the contextual menu. That will take you to the photo in the All Photos view.

Photos in the imports folder are not moving to the library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.